WHERE : BOM / Notification Centre
Manual messages are a great way to interact with your existing Customers or introduce potential Customers to your wonderful goods & services. You can create these as an email, a ush notification or an SMS. You can also create a schedule by which they are sent.
List Manual Messages
Navigate to BOM / Notification Centre / Manual Messages.
BOM – Notification Centre – Manual Messages – List
To see detailed information about your Manual Message, click on the subject.
Compose New Manual Message
Navigate to BOM / Notification Centre / Manual Messages and select <Add Notification>.
This form contains four areas with control elements.
In the left hand pane you can design an email to be a part of this notification
- Subject : A mandatory field
- Send Email : Toggle it on if this method is to be used.
- From Name : Use your STORE name for clarity.
- From Email : Use your STORE email address for clarity.
- Message Text & Layout : This is a WYSIWYG editor. Type and format your email message and add images, tables, hyperlinks, etc
In the right centre pane you can create a push notification to go to your customers who are using your Mobile APP. Please note that not only does your customer need to have the Mobile APP registered with you, they also have to have said “yes” to allow push notifications.
- Push Mobile App Message : Toggle it on if this method is to be used.
- Mobile APP Message : A text message that is up to 150 characters.
In the lower right pane you can create an SMS message.
- Send SMS : Toggle it on to use this method.
- SMS : A text message that is up to 150 characters.
NOTE : SMS is currently disabled while we work on the integration for AU / NZ. There is an article on how to export your customer list and create an SMS campaign using SMS2Broadcast.
The upper right pane is where you define the type of notification and an optional schedule for timing the sending of your notification.
- Notification Type : Select System, Promotion or Informative.
- Recipients : Select the Customer Group or Groups to receive your fantastic notification.
- Send Immediately : Toggle this on to send as soon as you press <okay>.
- Send Immediately : Leave this off and you can schedule a date / time.
Press <OK> to make it so Captain.