WHERE : Back Office / Settings / Custom Types of Payment
OscarPOS Cloud allows you to define your own alternative types of payment that can be used on the POS APP.
You can also define the Rounding Method to be used as defined by Department of Mines, Industry Regulation & Safety.
This may include such things as Uber, Deliveroo, Bartercard, etc
You can also use this to track some of the “odd ways” I have seen businesses accept payment over the years 🙂
List Custom Payment Methods
Navigate to BOM / Settings / Payment Types
Select the Custom Payment Type name to view / modify
Add Custom Payment Methods
Navigate to BOM / Settings / Payment Types and select <ADD>
- Name : This will appear in BOM & POS APP and is complusory
- Description : A nice bit of test to help your CSRs
- Rounding : You control how this occurs. Please remember that in AU only CASH payments are rounded. Electronic ( eg EFTPOS ) do not round.
- Add to Multiple Payment Mode : Is added to POS APP / Checkout / Multiple so you can use your new Payment Type it in a Split Tender.
- Fiscal :
- Generate Money Flow :
- Don’t Show in X / Z Reports :
Rounding Custom Payment Methods
In Australia, our smallest CASH denomination is 5 cents.
So when the payment tender is CASH, you need to ROUND the TOTAL value of the sale. Not each ITEM in the sale !
Using Custom Payment Methods
On the POS APP at <Checkout> select <Custom Type>