WHERE : Back Office / Settings / Stores
When processing ORDERS for DELIVERY you may configure DELIVERY CHARGES in one of two ways
FLAT RATE : where you can set minimum order value, free amount, delivery charge. Nice and simple. One rate.
DELIVERY ZONE : Where you can be very creative in how you set up your areas and pricing. Ideal for varying rates depending on delivery address.
This article is for Delivery Charges – Delivery Zone – Terms of Delivery.
Terms of Delivery
Great ! You have created your Delivery Zone already as per this article.
Now you get to assign it to your STORE and set the Terms of Delivery.
Navigate to BOM / Settings / Stores.
Select you Store and scroll down to Terms of Delivery.
Select <Add Delivery Zone>
- Delivery Zone : A list of your previously created zones. It wouldn’t make sense to add the same delivery zone to a store twice, so only those zones that have not yet been allocated will be offered.
- Minimum Delivery Amount : Set a value here if you have a minimum order value for delivery.
- Free Delivery Amount : A great way to get add-ons and increase your average $ per customer / receipt.
- Delivery Charge : The amount to be added to the ORDER to be recovered from your customer.
- Maximum Cooking Time : Specifies an average maximum for preparing an ORDER. Can / Will be used in reporting and calculating lead times.
- Maximum Delivery Time : Specifies an average maximum for delivering an ORDER to this DELIVERY ZONE. Can / Will be used in reporting and calculating lead times.
- Cost of Delivery : Use this to define how you create a cost for each DELIVERY ZONE. Note this is YOUR cost that will be used in reporting etc – NOT the cost you are charging the customer –
- Fixed Price : If you pay the driver a set amount for this zone eg $10.00.
- Percentage of Order : If applicable set the % of the total ORDER that will be used as the cost of the delivery.
- Percentage of Delivery Cost : Where you pay the driver a % of the fee you charge the customer.
Repeat for as many DELIVERY ZONES you want to set TERMS for.
Remembering to <UPDATE> when you are done.