WHERE : BOM / Items List / Items List
WHERE : BOM / Items List / Categories List
WHERE : BOM / Items List / Modifiers Groups
WHERE : BOM / Items List / Modifiers List
By default, ITEMS, CATEGORIES and SUB-CATEGORIES, MODIFER GROUPS & MODIFIER LISTS will be shown on POS APP, WEB APP, MOB APP, etc in the order they are entered.
RELATED MODIFIERS will be dealt with in their own KB Article.
Very seldom is this in the order you want.
It makes sense to ask for a “pizza base” before adding any extras.
It is also advantageous for speed or processing an ORDER to put all the COMPULSORY choices first. That way you can quickly bypass OPTIONAL choices.
Your OscarPOS Cloud Back Office Management console uses AJAX to allow you to very simply drag and drop to set the SORT ORDER.
Edit Positions / Positions
We will use ITEM LIST / POSITIONS for this article, but the same idea applies wherever you can change the displayed order.
Select <POSITIONS> and you are presented with the above screen with 4 controls.
- Save : Once you have selected a CATEGORY and moved some ITEMS around, use this to keep your new ITEM display order.
- Reset : Once you have selected a CATEGORY, use this to set the sort order back to the default.
- Cancel : Use this to close the screen and not keep any changes.
- Category : Select the CATEGORY in which you want to set the sort order of the ITEMS.
Once you have selected your CATEGORY, you are presented with a screen similar to above. This is the current sort order of your ITEMS.
If I want “Brownie” to be the first ITEM displayed, you just GRAB it and DROP it into the first position. How you do this will depend on your device.
- Mouse : Usually use your left mouse button ( LMB ) to grab it, keep holding LMB down, move the mouse cursor to where you want the ITEM to go, then release LMB to drop the ITEM.
- Touch Screen : Usually touch and hold the screen over the ITEM, drag the ITEM to where you want it to go, take your finger off the screen to drop it.
- Touch Pad : These can be configured many different ways. If you have buttons, use it like a mouse. If you don’t use it like a touch screen. Sometimes you can double tap the touch pad to grab the ITEM and double tap again to drop it.
However you do it, don’t forget to <Save> your changes.