This is not a discourse on QR Codes., but is provided as a rough ( and rather incomplete ) guide, in so far as such information is relevant to using these Quick Response Codes with OscarPOS Cloud .
For a more in depth discussion, please check out this Wiki article where a large portion of this article has come from, including the following definition ….
“A QR code consists of black squares arranged in a square grid on a white background, which can be read by an imaging device such as a camera, and processed using Reed–Solomon error correction until the image can be appropriately interpreted. The required data is then extracted from patterns that are present in both horizontal and vertical components of the image.”
What Data Can I Include in a QR Code ?
A standard barcode can only store a rather limited amount of information. In AU the common format for a barcode is EAN13 and is usually used to identify unique items.
For example : 9300675079464 is the barcode for a well known 600ml PET soft drink.
While some barcode formats can contain more data, it still aint a lot.
You can put up to 4,000 characters to a QR Code !
Some of the things you could do, may include :
- Link directly to a Play Store APP
- Link directly to an APP in the Apple Store
- Link to BOTH with the same code
- Supply URL for social media, videos, music, …
- Access WIFI
- On a gravestone to link to more about the dearly departed ( Oh yeah ! It is a thing ! )
- Loads of text
- Contact information
The list really in endless.
Think out of the box and you can do some pretty interesting things.
Use QR Codes to help drive sales in OscarPOS Cloud
So that this article doesn’t end up too big, each of the following will be created as a separate article, including the one on how to make a QR Code.
Some of these may contain provisos. For example, to accept online payments through a payment gateway, you must also have online / refund policies published. I will touch on these in each scenario, but please note that these may change as third party requirements change. If in doubt, please use the knowledge base to contact us and ask.
- QR Code – How do I make one ?
- Quickly add existing CUSTOMER to a POS ORDER
- Create Customer Loyalty cards to encourage return sales
- Award Members with Member Only bonuses
- Download your Customer MOB APP
- Create a scanable link to your Web Site to put on menus
- Include your Landing Page on social media
- Direct link to your eSHOP
- Create an Order at Table system
- Gift Cards or Prepaid Vouchers