WHERE : POS Application / Menu / Settings / Additional Screens / Order Screen
These settings allow you to enable & customise the customer screen that is shown to the CUSTOMER as their ORDER is entered into the POS APP.
As your cashiers use the POS APP to process a client order, the client screen will display useful information about the current ORDER.
- ITEM name
- ITEM Quantity
- ITEM UOM
- Line Totals
- ORDER Total
When inactive for a period of time, you can use the CDU to show your PROMOTIONS.
Selecting Your Hardware
Your chosen hardware may ( or may not ) be able to support this feature.
You could use one of our Delta POS with a built in customer screen.
You could use an external monitor ( or TV ) plugged into the 2nd display port ( VGA or HDMI depending on the POS configuration ).
Maybe use a USB to VGA/HDMI adaptor to give you a 2nd or 3rd screen – so you end up with the cashier screen, a customer / promotional display screen, as well as an order status screen.
Mount it on the back of the POS or on a pole mounted to your counter top or use one with a built in stand.
You also need to consider if you are using Windows or Android.
If in doubt, your OscarPOS Support Team will always be here to help you.
Configure the Customer Screen
Once you have connected your additional screen to be used as your Customer Screen, OscarPOS Cloud POS APP will detect it and list it as available.
NOTE : If the host that runs the POS APP only has a single monitor, you cannot use this feature.
- In the POS APP menu on the host, select Menu / Additional Screens / Customer Screen
POS APP – Settings – Customer Screen
- Show Screen : Select this check box to display the information screen for customers.
- Device for Display : From the provided list, select the monitor number where to display the customer screen.
- If you are unsure of the monitor number to use, in Windows it corresponds to the Windows “identify” number
- Promo Change Interval (sec) : Specifies an interval between changes of your PROMOTIONS that will be displayed when inactive.
- Show Receipt : When selected, the client screen displays the order receipt.
- Promotional Broadcast : When selected, the client screen displays your PROMOTIONS that will be displayed when inactive.
POS APP – Customer Screen – Virtual Receipt