WHERE : BOM / Documents / Purchasing Orders
Purchase Orders are how you can create a requisition that may be emailed directly to your Vendor / Supplier asking them to supply Inventory Items. Your Purchase order will usually detail quantities of goods or services, at a price point, as well as delivery terms. A Purchase Order can be partially or Fully Received and turned into a Journal Document with relatively few clicks – saving you time and money.
“Purchase orders are an important tool that businesses should use to ensure spend stays within budget. Without purchase orders tracking expenses is more difficult, prone to errors and validating delivery reports becomes a nightmare.”
List Purchase Orders
Navigate to BOM / Documents / Purchasing Orders.
This presents you with a view of your Purchase Orders sorted ( by default ) with latest PO on the top. As with most columns in OscarPOS Cloud you may resize them by dragging the header with your mouse and clicking the header name to sort ascending or descending.
You may also drill down into the Purchase Order for a detailed view of your Purchase Order.
As well as controls to :
- Refresh The View
- Make Order
- Duplicate the selected Purchase Order / Orders
- Email the selected Purchase Order / Orders
- Delete the selected Purchase Order / Orders
- Filter the list
- Search the list
Filter the List of Purchase Orders
Navigate to BOM / Documents / Purchasing Orders and select <FILTER>.
Large Purchase Order Lists can be filtered by criteria to make them more manageable.
You may choose any combination of :
- Partially Completed
- Fully Completed
- Vendor / Vendors
- Stock Keeping Location / Locations
- Date Range
- Value Range
Click <Filter> to display using your criteria.
View a Purchase Order
Navigate to BOM / Documents / Purchasing Orders, find and select an existing Purchase Order to drill down into it.
Notice the tabs below the Purchase Order Number :
- PO Details : is a list of the ordered inventory items.
- Receiving Items : is a list of the inventory items actually received against this purchase order.
- Receiving Details : is a drilled down view of the previous tab listing each receiving document as well as each item received against that document.
- Status History : is a list of the different statuses your purchase order has gone through.