WHERE : Back Office / Staff / Staff List
BOM allows you to view and manage the list of your staff members.
Here is where you will also assign ROLES, passwords, etc as well as view performance data.
Navigate to BOM / Staff / Staff List.
BOM – Staff – Staff List
- Add : To enter a new staff member.
- Fire : Well, it does the usual <delete> by putting them int he Archive.
- Role : We can filter by role.
- Store : List only staff who have access at that Store / Stores.
- Search : For a partial match.
- Archive : Where all your old staff go to retire.
Add New Staff
Navigate to BOM / Staff / Staff List and select <Add>
- First Name* : Compusory.
- Last Name* : Compulsory.
- Phone* : Compulsory – Use the proper format ( +61, Remove leading 0 ).
- PIN* : Compulsory. 4 digits ( numeric ) to access POSA PP and Clock In / Clock Out.
- Username* : Compulsory – For BOM ( even if not given access in ROLE ).
- Password* : Compulsory – For BOM ( even if not given access in ROLE ).
- Roles : Select from the preset ones or new ones you have defined.
- Stores : Unless you are using MultiStore you will generally only have one chosen.
- Language* : Compulsory – Default is English unless you have defined others.
Note the *compulsory fields.
Note that any employee you give the inbuilt ROLE of Admin to, will have access to ALL of your Stores.
Modify Existing Staff
Navigate to BOM / Staff / Staff List and select the staff member you want to change
Staff List Tabs
Note the TABS across the top :
- Time sheet
- Legal Details
- Recent Activity
Make your changes and click <Update> or <Cancel>
Most of these are covered elsewhere, so let’s just look at the common reasons you would want to be modifying an existing staff member …
- Active : Make them inactive to “suspend” their access to everything.
- Driver : Turn this on to be able to select them as a Delivery Driver on the POS APP.
- Login : Username for BOM.
- Change Password : This is for BOM.
- PIN : To access the POS APP and Clock In / Out.
- View assigned Role / Roles.
- Delete assigned Role / Roles.
- Assign a new Role / Roles.
- Assign a Store to this Employee / Role combination.
- Note that some fields are compulsory.
An employee may have more than one role.
If they have more than one role and you are using Clock In / Clock Out on the POS APP, your Employee will be asked to select which ROLE they are performing.
This way you can define different pay rates and / or run reports on those differing ROLES for time keeping and pay rolls.
If you are using Clock In / Clock Out functionality on the POS APP, this tab will display the “timesheet” for the specified period.
Otherwise it will just show 00:00:00
Legal Details Tab
Fill in anything that is useful in running your business.
Recent Activity Tab
A quick way to see what your employee has been doing.
Click on an entry to drill down for more detail.