WHERE : Back Office / Staff / Payrolls
ATM this is a very rudimentary way to do payroll accounting. As the demand increases, we will spend more time increasing the functionality of this module.
To make is a very useful module for you to track your staff times, a few things need to be set up & done
- Create STAFF ROLES
- Create STAFF LIST and populate with HOURLY RATES
- Get your STAFF to CLOCK IN & CLOCK OUT
- Optionally create a STAFF SCHEDULE
If you do this, when your STAFF correctly CLOCK IN and CLOCK OUT, you will be able to quickly create a basic PAYROLL run.
View Available Payrolls
Select BOM / Staff / Payrolls
From this page you may :
- <ADD> a new payroll
- Filter the list by STORE
- Filter the list by PRESET PERIOD
- Filter the list by user defined DATES
- View the STATUS of your payroll
- Apply, unapply or delete payrolls
- Select <Archive> to view deleted payrolls and optionally <restore> them
Add a New Payroll
Select BOM / Staff / Payrolls / ADD
- Set the STORE – Note you can only have 1 STORE per payroll.
- Set the period START Date.
- Set the period END Date.
- Optionally Select “Only With Worked Time”. This is where getting your staff to clock in and out comes in as it will pre-fill a lot of fields for you.
- Press <OK>.
You will get something that looks like ….
This will be populated according to your selections from the previous step, how you have set your staff up ( roles & rates ), as well as when you staff clocked in and out.
From above, we need to adjust Mary Jane as her hours are incorrect. We can aslso see that Jack Smart is not very smart at all – he has forgotten to clock in / out ( which is probably why his rate is $1.00 an hour ).
Adjust Clock In / Clock Out Times
To adjust a Clock in / Clock out time, we can click on the name and drill down into the EMPLOYEE CARD / TIMESHEET.
Filter by the TIME PERIOD you need and select the DATE you need to edit.
Select the date you need to adjust and select <CORRECT TIME>
Select <CORRECT TIME> to amend the employees clocked hours as well as their ROLE
Don’t forget to <SAVE> your changes.
Forgot to Clock In
Not so smart Jack, is a different matter entirely – He has forgotten to clock in …
In this case you cannot adjust something that isn’t there.
OscarPOS Cloud will not allow you to Clock In at a past date / time.
So you have two options :
- If it is the same day, Clock In / Clock Out “late” and adjust
- If it is a past date, you will have to clock in as “today” and adjust as “today”
Apply a Payroll
Great ! Now we are happy with the hours our employees have worked.
If you want you can select the green down arrow to save an XLSX of your payroll.
In the STATUS Column click the grey tick next to your payroll to accept it.
If you are using CASH FLOWS select ADD – otherwise you can IGNORE
UnApply a Payroll
Note that once a PAYROLL has been applied, you cannot DELETE it
To DELETE a PAYROLL you would need to unapply it first by selecting the green tick and turning it grey. You can then DELETE it.
Restore a Deleted Payroll
From BOM / STAFF / Payrolls select <Archive> to view a list of previously deleted payrolls.
Under STATUS, select the green restore icon and respond to the “Are You Sure ?” prompt.