WHERE : BOM / Settings / Stores
When OscarPOS initialises your SITE, you will be issued with a TENANT LINK.
This TENANT LINK contains anything and everything to do with your SITE.
By default, you have MULTI STORE capability.
Each STORE needs to be REGISTERED with your TENANT LINK.
This topic explains how to register your stores and specify mandatory and additional information on each store.
Navigate to BOM / Settings / Stores
Select the STORE you want to view / edit details for.
You can also make a STORE ACTIVE or INACTIVE.
If you are running a large franchise chain, the FILTERS at the top of the screen will be helpful.
Register the STORE : The Basics
- Open your company Back Office.
- In the left navigation pane, expand the Settings node, and then click Stores.
- Click Add
- Complete the Add Store form
- Then click Save
Well, that’s is in a nut shell – but as always there is a lot more involved.
So let’s have a look at each of the fields / options and an explanation of each.
Some are quite involved and will link to their own KB Article.
Add Store – General Info
- Name : This is usually the Trading Name and will appear on Tax Invoices.
- Location : This is the STOCK LOCATION this STORE will use. If you leave it blank, this store will be linked to a stock location of the same name.
- Contact Person : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Phone : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Email : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Country : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Region : Used to help direct Online orders to correct STORE.
- State : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Zip : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- City : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Address : This will appear on Tax Invoices if enabled on POS APP.
- Business Type : Set the broad category that best suits your business type
- Description : Up to 1000 telling the world about your fantastic business. This will appear on the LANDING PAGE and other ONLINE platforms.
- Minimum Average Receipt :
- Maximum Average Receipt :
Add Store – Store Settings
- Active : Toggle the STORE as “on” or “off”.
- Ask Party Size : Used ONLINE to set number of covers / patrons.
- Ask for Cash Change : Useful for DELIVERY ORDERS when customer wants to pay with large notes.
- Ask Mobile Tips : I really hate this option. If the service was great, the customer would tip without being asked.
- Promo on the Mobile Menu : You can totally disable the showing of any PROMOTION to your ONLINE ordering platforms. I prefer to set it on each PROMOTION as offering “Deals” to online customers is what can increase sales. Note that even if you enable this option, the PROMOTION is still available to the CUSTOMER, it just isn’t shown as a banner / logo.
- Show Date & Time Control on Mobile App : As per usual, MOBILE APP refers to all of your ONLINE portals. Useful for when you take orders in advance. Also gives you the ability to create a report on future orders on the POS APP to assist with production planning.
- Disabled : Customer can only order what is currently available.
- Enabled : Customer can select a future date and place an order based on what will be available then.
- Prohibit Order Creation from Customer : I can only see this as being useful in MULTI STORE when one of the STORES does not accept ONLINE at all. If you enable this because you are getting too many ORDERS during a service, I recommend you look at TIME SLOTS.
- Enable Table Reservation : When ONLINE your CUSTOMERS can make a TABLE RESERVATION. By default this is DISABLED as I do not believe the module is far enough advanced – yet !
- Enable Sub Categories on Mobile App : You are probably using SUB CATEGORIES on your POS APP to separate food from beverages. This option will do the same for ONLINE. The default setting is OFF as I believe your customer should be able to add an ITEM to their eCART with minimal clicks. It also makes your eSHOP / MOB APP look better.
- Apple Pay Enabled : Not yet released in AU.
- Enable Only Scan Items Mode ( For Mode 1 ) : Useful for Self Service Check Out.
- Show Scan Button in Menu of Mobile App : Used with above setting.
- Allow Sale of Zero Stock Items : More complex than it sounds. Especially if you only INVENTORY certain ITEMS ( Like pizza bases ) so that you don’t run out for ONLINE customers.
- Service Type : Select what services are available ONLINE. Your options are :
- On Table
- Take Out
- Payment Type : Select which payment types are available for ONLINE. Your Options are :
- Time Zone : Choose the appropriate one for your Store location.
- Opening Hours : Select your broad opening hours. These will be shown ONLINE. Note that this is where you also use your previously defined TIMESLOTS to provide more realistic feedback to your CUSTOMERS.
- Service Type Hours : For each of your SERVICE TYPES you can define when CUSTOMERS can place an ORDER using your ONLINE portals. It is worth noting that you can have split hours ie a morning service and a dinner service with a break in between. They do NOT have to match your OPENING HOURS. You may choose to stop ONLINE DELIVERY ORDERS an hour before you close.
- Business Day Start : this is NOT when you open for the day ! This is an offset for how you define a day in your business. Set this correctly and your reports for a “business day” will match your “trading day”.
- If you open and close on the SAME day, leave this set to midnight (12AM)
- If your trading day end at 3am, such as in a night club, you might want to define a day as starting at 6am.
- A 24hour STORE will usually go midnight to midnight ie 12AM
- Price List : Each ITEM has a default price. Where a STORE wants to use a different price, that is not set by a PROMOTION, you can select the correct PRICE LIST to use.
- Legal Entity : What you put here will depend on your business structure. Your STORE may have a trading name that is different to the company / partnership / trust name behind it. You will define LEGAL ENTITIES in Documents.
Add Store – Photo
Here you want to add up to 6 beautiful high resolution images of your STORE. These will appear in your ONLINE APPS to help promote and encourage ORDERS.
Add Store – Location
OscarPOS Cloud uses the address supplied in the STORE CARD to present a Google map. This will then be shown to prospective CUSTOMERS so they can locate you.
This is an integration into the Uber Eats AU online ordering platform. It will be discussed in depth in the KB Article xxxxxx.